Håkan Hydén is Samuel Pufendorf professor in Sociology of Law and holds the Chair since 1988. He has been working a lot with human rights, especially during the 1990s when he also for a period was a member of the Board of Trustees at Sida, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency. Among the most important publications by Hydén within the field of human rights the following can be mentioned:
- “Legal and Governing Strategies - Towards a Law of Sustainable Development”, together with M Gillberg in Biel, A. (red): Individual and Structural Determinants of Environmental Practice, Ashgate, 2003.
- “Human Rights in an Integrated, Global Perspective with Special Emphasis on Human Rights”, co-author together with María Luisa Bartolomei and Shadrack B.O.Gutto, Brochure, Institute of Sociology of Law, Lund University, 1989, 65 pp.
- "The Implementation of Human Rights in a Global World: Recreating a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary approach”, Bartolomei, María Luisa & Håkan Hydén (eds.). Lund Studies in Sociology of law, 1999.
- “Implementation of International Conventions – A socio-legal Enterprise. Examples from the Convention on the Rights of the Child”, in Human Rights: From dissemination to Application, Essays in honour of Göran Melander, Martinius Nijhoff Publishers. Leiden, The Netherlands, pp. 375-392;
- Olika perspektiv på mänskliga rättigheter, kapitel i boken Mänskliga rättigheter i svensk belysning, Annika Staaf & Lars Zanderin, (red.). Liber, 2007.
- Putting Law in Context. Some Remarks on Implementation of Law in China, kapitel i en antologi, Making Law Work in China, Marina Svensson och Matthias Burell (red), kommande, Cornell University Press.
Since 2006 Hydén is in charge of a research project sponsored by the Swedish Research Council about CSR, Corporate Social Responsibility. Jur dr. Radu Mares is the main researcher in the project. Different reports and articles will be available during this year.