Outreach and Impact
LUCSUS' impact related activities consist of open lectures, political meetings with policy makers at different levels, news articles and policy briefs highligting sustainability issues. Through these activities, we not only communicate our research to society - but also strive to influence policy and decision making processes.
- Engagement in climate governance, in e.g. COP 21/22 and IPCC.
- Organising seminars in the Swedish parliament together with the Right Livelihood Foundation.
- Hosting the Earth System Governance Project, ESG, which is designed to assist policy responses to the pressing problems of earth system transformation.
A core value in sustainability science is the inclusion of non-academic actors into the research process. We not only communicate our research to society - but also pursue the research in close collaboration with various stakeholders. We collaborate with universities in the Global South, both in research and teaching.
- Stakeholder participation in the research process, Soil Management in Uganda, Diffusion of Sustainable Innovations
- Partnership to develop and teach Master' and PhD programmes in Tanzania and Mocambique.
Education and Awareness
In our education and awareness-building activities, we have a strong focus on young people and we are engaged in several activites for high school students. We collaborate with Sydvatten, a municipal company producing drinking water for a major part of south of Sweden. Together, LUCSUS and Sydvatten, organise a number of yearly courses and events around sustainability issues, especially water issues, aimed at high school students.
- Collaboration with high schools in the local municipality
- Collaboration with Sydvatten, and the project "Think H2O!"
We are not only focuisng on scientific publications to communicate and disseminate our research. We also use social media, videos and other public material.