Nature of Peace conference
The research group scrutinizes the role of the natural environment in post-conflict societies, posing questions such as: What role does nature have in peace building? How is the natural environment considered in fragile states that need to develop quickly, during reconstruction period? Does peace always bring sustainable development? How can peace-building activities contribute to sustainable development?
The research group is organizing a two-days final conference to take place in Lund on the 26th and 27th of April 2018. The conference will serve as a platform to engage with professionals working from different disciplinary angles and perspectives.
The conference is structured in seminars:
(1) Natural resources exploitation
(2) Environmental legislation / nature governance
(3) Biodiversity conservation
(4) Monitoring environmental transformation (tools and mechanisms)
(5) Nature, culture and rights
(6) Intersectionality, post-conflict and natural environment
Finally, the conference will be closed with a Panel on Local perspectives and a final plenary session.
Päivi Lujala, Department of Geography, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Carl Bruch, Environmental Law Institute, Washington DC (US)
Miguel Londoño, Global Green Growth Institute, Colombia
Click here to register!