Within DICE, we work with pathways to impact. We aim to effect change by making scientific contributions to research on L&D, and through our work reach wider society and civil society organisations that can make use of our results.
Within the project, we focus on three pathways to achieve impact:
Scientific and policy contributions
Scientific contributions to research on L&D, and to policies and regulations that advance climate governance.
Communication and activities to advance the dialogue and understanding of L&D and its impact on people, who it affects, how and why and at what scale.
Activities to build capacity among the climate change community to engage with research on L&D and transformational challenges.
Within DICE, we work with the following impact areas:
- Scientific impact
- Policy impact
- Understanding and awareness
- Capacity and preparedness and other forms of decision-making
DICE and the SDG:s
DICE works predominantly with the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- SDG 3: Good health and well being
- SDG 5: Gender equality
- SDG 10: Reduced inequalities
- SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production
- SDG 13: Climate action
- SDG 14: Life below water
- SDG 15: Life on land
- SDG 16: Peace and justice and strong institutions