Conference on Loss and Damage 2019
Welcome to a conference advancing and exploring L&D from multiple perspectives.
For example, which approaches to L&D can best account for both the economic as well as the non-economic forms of impact from climate-related events, which there is increasing evidence to suggest can be just as significant to individuals and communities ?
How can climate science, ecological science and sustainability science perspectives be combined to advance L&D theory and practice? And how can L&D from climate change be meaningfully situated within the broader sustainable development agenda, including the SDGs, as highlighted in Article 8 of the Paris Agreement?
The conference will explore L&D through five analytical lenses.
- Defining L&D from a climate change perspective – what do we know?
- Defining L&D from an ecological perspective – what do we know?
- Defining L&D from a sustainability perspective – what do we know?
- Governance of L&D – how do we do it?
- Policy and practice of L&D on social-ecological systems – how do we do it?
The conference is hosted by Lund University of Sustainability Studies and co-organised with the Centre for Environmental and Climate Research (CEC) Lund University, Oxford University and Met Office UK.
Date and Place
- Date: Wednesday, 30th October- Friday, 1st November 2019
- Place: Lund, Sweden.
Registration for the conference will open in June 2019.