Urban Governance & Transformation
At LUCSUS, we address the challenges and opportunities associated with increasing urbanisation to support transformations towards sustainability.
Our research offers insights into both the nature and dynamics of structural issues related to urbanisation as well as constructive actions to move towards more sustainable and equitable urban futures. Many of the projects we work on involve close cooperation with stakeholders such as citizen groups and city administrations, and both critical and applied research approaches are applied.
Keywords: Urban planning, sustainable urban development, climate governance, water governance, environmental planning, climate change adaption, risk reduction, transformative politics, policy mainstreaming, costal planning, inner transformation, inner-outer transformations, social-environmental justice, urban living labs, ecosystem-based approaches, nature-based solutions, rural-urban interaction.
- Building Inclusive Urban Communities
- City-to-City learning lab
- Contemplative Sustainable Futures
- Inclusive Resilience-Building to Floods in Informal Settlements
- NATURVATION – NATure-based Urban innoVATION
- Sustainable Coastal Planning and Management
- Sustainable Urban Transformation for Climate Change Adaptation
- Transformative Politics of Sustainability and Citizen Municipalism
- Urban Ecosystem-based Adaptation to Climate Change