Activities and communication to advance the societal dialogue on sustainability is at the core of LUCSUS strategic communication work to raise awareness and reach beyond academia with our research.
LUCSUS participates in, and organises, outreach activities for many different audiences, from industry and public sector to students and members of the public. We influence and advance the societal debate on sustainability issues by taking an active role in media and public discourse.
Key activities for LUCSUS outreach work
- Seminars, workshops and debates
- Public lectures
- Lund Sustainability week
- UN Water - World Water Day
- Future week at Lund University
- LUCSUS seminars
Media and public relations
Examples of outreach work and activities
- The new science on climate extremes that can help refuel the climate movement. A COP25 side event
- LUCSUS at Sustainability Week
- Lund University Future Week 2020 12-18 October
- Sustainable transitions in focus during Lund University Future week 2019
- Arts Meet Science (event in collaboration with Skissernas Museum 2018)
- LUCSUS celebrates World Water Day with hundreds of high school students from Lund (2017)
If you interested in collaborating with us, learning more about our researchers' expertise, or find out more about our events and outreach activities, contact our communication officers.
Cecilia von Arnold, communication officer
Cecilia [dot] von_Arnold [at] lucsus [dot] lu [dot] se
Noomi Egan, communication officer
Noomi [dot] Egan [at] fsi [dot] lu [dot] se
Subscribe to LUCSUS newsletter
Public events and outreach videos
Social Movements – a force for change?
A public event on social movements during Lund University Future Week 2020.
Inner Transformation for a Sustainable World | Seminar in relation to Sensing Nature from Within
A talk with Professor Christine Wamsler on Inner Transformation for a Sustainable World | Seminar in relation to Sensing Nature from Within.
The project Sensing Nature from Within is part international art exhibition featuring 12 artists and artist groups, part extensive programme of lectures, talks, and performances organised by the Museum for Modern Art in Malmö from 28.9 2019 – 8.3 2020.
The future of traveling, mobility and flying
A public event on flying at Lund University Future Week 2020.
Wim Carton explains negative emission technologies